Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Part A – Our relationship with you
Who we are
We are Centrul European pentru Responsabilitate Sociala (European Center for Social Responsibility) henceforth the abbreviated name will be CERS, a non-governmental association incorporated under the laws of Romania with registration number 24589052, whose registered office is at 163 Boulevard Al.Lapusneanu LT8, Constanta PC 900489, Romania.
What we do
We organize the conferences and events presented on the website unsummit.eu
Structure of terms
The agreement is between us and the person who completes the relevant Conference online registration form (“you” or “your”).
Your agreement with us consists of:
Part A (Our relationship with you);
Part B (General terms for all delegates);
Part C (Attendee terms), which contains terms specific to registered attendees attending a Conference (“Attendee”, “you”, “your”);
Part D (Volunteer terms), which contains terms specific to volunteers attending a Conference (“Volunteer”, “you”, “your”);
Part E (Exhibitor terms), which contains terms specific to exhibitors attending a Conference (“Exhibitor”, “you”, “your”), (collectively, the “Terms”).
These Terms also include and incorporate by reference the ‘Terms and conditions – website and app’ to the extent including you through our website or app or complete registration and purchase of a ticket for attendance at a Conference or apply to be a volunteer at a Conference
Your agreement with us
You should read this document carefully. These Terms govern your online registration, attendance at and/or participation at a Conference. By registering for the Conference you agree that you have read and accepted these Terms and agree to be legally bound them. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not register, attend or participate in the Conference.
Registering on behalf of another
If you are registering on behalf of another person it is your obligation to make sure that the person attending is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing and submitting the registration form you are representing and warranting that you have made the person attending aware of these Terms and that they have accepted these Terms.
Changes to this policy
These Terms apply to you from the date of publishing and until these Terms are superseded by a new version. We may update these Terms at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. Any amended Terms will be posted on here.
We have done our best to explain things clearly for you in this document but if you have any questions, please let us know. Our registered office address is 163 Boulevard Al.Lapusneanu LT8, Constanta PC 900489, Romania; registration number 24589052. For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have any other questions, concerns, or complaints, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part B – General terms for all delegates
Admittance to conferences
We, in our sole discretion, and without any liability or obligation to refund, reserve the right to refuse admittance to or to eject from the Conference anyone that we determine:
is behaving in a manner that could disrupt, hinder or cause a nuisance to the Conference or to the enjoyment of any other person or partner at the Conference;
represents a security or health & safety risk to the Conference or to any person or partner; and/or
fails to comply with, or is likely to fail to comply with, these Terms.
You may view our anti-harassment policy here.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your attendance or participation at a Conference.
Changes or cancellation of a conference
We try to make sure that the Conference programmes, speakers, topics and venues are correct at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions, alterations, postponements, or cancellations to the content, format, themes, name, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, or timing of a Conference.
We will endeavour to notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any substitutions, postponements, or changes by posting the updated information on our website.
In the unlikely event of postponement or cancellation of a Conference, our total aggregate liability to you is limited to the refund of paid fees that remain after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted, and we will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
Photography, audio and video recording
Any use of photographic, audio, video or other recording equipment at a Conference is strictly prohibited, unless it is approved by us in writing in advance.
By attending the Conference you acknowledge and agree that the Conference (or any part of it) may be photographed or recorded by us or our partners. You agree to permit us, or any third party licensed by us, to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise globally disseminate your likeness, name, voice and words in perpetuity in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media now available and hereafter developed, both before, during and any time after the Conference, and in any form, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit the media, the right to use the media (alone or together with other information), and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
Your attendance at a conference
You are responsible for advising us at the time of making your booking regarding any special access requirements you require at the Conference.
You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance or exhibition at a Conference. We and our related companies will not be liable for any injury or damage to any person or to any real or personal property howsoever caused (except for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited). During the Conference, you shall conduct yourself in an orderly manner and shall not act in any manner which causes offence, annoyance or inconvenience to other Attendees. Attendees shall not canvass, promote, advertise or solicit for business in a manner which, in our sole discretion, is deemed unacceptable. We reserve the right to remove from the Venue any attendee who we consider in our reasonable opinion contravenes applicable laws or regulations or our policies and procedures or those of the Venue, is likely to cause offence or annoyance or is otherwise inappropriate or does not comply with these terms. Unsummit.eu is an environmentally conscious organisation which promotes a paperless event, where possible. As an attendee, you undertake not to distribute promotional materials or similar items save where a Litter Charge has been agreed with our express prior written consent. Minimum Litter Charge €5,000. Any attendee wishing to distribute promotional material or similar items should e-mail email@example.com to arrange invoicing and payment in advance of the event. All funds will be donated to a local Community / Environmental Fund of our choosing.
Refund and cancellation
Your ticket remains our property and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission to a Conference may be refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price. If you are eligible under applicable law to avail of a right to cancel your purchase of a ticket within 14 days without giving any reason and to receive a reimbursement of payments, you need to notify us in writing of your decision to cancel your Conferences ticket within 14 days of the day the contract for distance selling was concluded. The refund will be made in the same form as the original payment was received (for example, a credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number). All purchases of Conference tickets are non-refundable in their entirety after the end of this 14 day ‘cooling off’ period. You acknowledge that all refunds are subject to deduction of a €10 or $10 transaction fee or as otherwise advised (depending on the currency of your original transaction). Our free and subsidised ticket promotions sometimes include a processing fee. This processing fee is non-refundable in its entirety. If an individual purchases a general Attendee ticket before purchasing a start-up ticket, we will not grant a full refund when the general Attendee ticket price has increased beyond the start-up ticket price.
The tickets you purchase are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. This includes subsidised tickets such as one day tickets, Women in Tech Tickets, Young Entrepreneur, Loyalty, Open Source, Youth Ticket and Scholarship tickets. Reselling or otherwise transferring your ticket, not in accordance with the Terms, will void the ticket and the ticket holder will not gain entry into the Conference. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket re-selling or ticket broker.
Wristbands and lanyards
For security and identification reasons, we require all delegates to:
display on their wrist the official Conference wristband;
display around their neck the official Conference lanyard containing their badge; and
carry photo identification and display it at all times on request.
You will find details of the cost of replacing lost or damaged wristbands for a Conference on our website. The cost of replacing lost or damaged wristbands is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change.
It is your sole responsibility to take care of visa requirements. If you require an entry visa to attend, volunteer or exhibit at the Conference, you must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure.
In the event you are not granted a visa, we are under no obligation to refund your ticket unless you are eligible under applicable law to avail of a right to cancel your purchase of a ticket within 14 days of the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in and to the Conference, the Conference content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Conference are owned by us, our related companies, and/or the Conference sponsors or speakers attending the Event. You must not reproduce or allow anyone one to reproduce trademarks or materials distributed by or on behalf of us at a Conference for any reason, without our prior written permission. Nothing in these Terms shall vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any intellectual property rights owned or used under licence by us or our related companies, or grant to you any right or licence to any other intellectual property rights of us or our related companies. All such intellectual property rights shall remain the exclusive property of us and our related companies. It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation, or person to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to a Conference or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of us. We reserve their right to take such action (legal or otherwise), including a claim for damages as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate in the circumstances.
To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions, either express or implied, or any part of them in respect of any aspect of a Conference or any related materials. You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms you have not relied on any representation or warranty that is not expressly included in these Terms and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these Terms. Limitation of Liability You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with a Conference are their own and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with a Conference. Materials shared or distributed at or in connection with a Conference are intended for information purposes only and should not be relied upon by you or others. We and our related companies do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the materials are complete or accurate and do not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Conference and/or any information provided at the Conference.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law:
we and our related companies shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including for negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any for any loss of profits; loss of sales or business; loss of agreements or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of income; loss of opportunity; loss of or damage to goodwill; loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; and/or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms, even if we had been advised of the possibility of same in advance; and subject to paragraph (a), our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms is limited to the total amount paid by you to us for your ticket to attend the Conference, after the payment of any processing fees or bank charges applicable.
Nothing in these Terms purports to exclude or limit liability for any fraudulent statement or act or in respect of any liability that cannot excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors harmless from all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of or are related to any breach of the Terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your attendance or participation at a Conference.
We are not liable if a Conference is, in whole or in part, cancelled, rescheduled or postponed, or for any failure or delay to perform our obligations under these Terms, if such event results from anything beyond our reasonable control (for example, natural disasters, flood, fire, acts of terror, war, labour strike, extreme weather malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, or mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation, or any other emergency) or anything else that renders performance of a Conference, in whole or in part, impracticable, illegal or impossible.
Governing law and jurisdiction
This interpretation, formation and operation of the Terms and all non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, and all disputes between the parties arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms or any disputes between the parties in any way connected with the subject matter of these Terms (whether contractual or non-contractual) shall be governed by, the laws of Romania. Each of the parties submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Romania Courts. Nothing contained in the Terms shall limit our right to bring enforcement proceedings in another jurisdiction or to seek interim, protective or provisional relief in the courts of another jurisdiction.
Some final terms
Part C – Attendee terms Tickets and pricing
You will find details of attendee ticket pricing and fees for a Conference here. Ticket prices for a Conference are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to change the ticket prices at any time but any changes will not affect tickets that have already been purchased. A valid ticket entitles you to entry to the relevant Conference as an Attendee, but does not include any requirements associated with travel to or from the Conference or any accommodation costs incurred and we shall have no liability for such costs or expenses. In certain cases, free or subsidised tickets may be offered within 30 days of the Conference start date. In these instances, tickets must be assigned within 7 days of receipt of your ticket in accordance with the details provided in the above paragraph. Delivery Once a successful ticket transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the Attendee. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information such as Attendee name or tax identification number before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to gain entry to the Conference listed on the ticket. The ticket reference number can be used to access the mobile app, in order to register at the Conference. All tickets must be assigned to an Attendee, and all Attendee details must be complete within 30 days of receipt of your ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes name, job title, company name and a passport style photo. Ticket reassignment after this date is subject to the Terms. Discounts We may from time to time offer certain discounted ticket promotions to encourage attendance at a Conference. We are not obligated to offer any discounts for a particular Conference and reserve the right to chance or withdraw a discount offer at any time in our sole discretion. Women in tech tickets: In order to address any gender imbalance at our Conferences, we may, from time to time, offer free and/or subsidised Conference tickets to female Attendees (“Women in tech tickets”) at our absolute discretion. It is a strict condition of these promotions that only female Attendees can gain admission to a Conference using women in tech tickets. Unsummit.eu day tickets: In our efforts to allow young people to attend our Conferences, we may, from time to time, offer them free and subsidised tickets our Conferences from time to time. It is a strict condition of these promotions that only individuals 16 to 23 years of age, inclusive, can gain admission to a Conference using these tickets. Any person redeeming a Unsummit.eu Ticket must provide relevant identification, such as a Citizen Card. No name changes for Unsummit.eu Tickets will be facilitated prior to the commencement of the Conference. Ticket name changes If an Attendee finds that they cannot attend a Conference they must notify us as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 7 days before the commencement of the Conference) by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and request a name change on their ticket. We may in our absolute discretion allow the name change. Unsummit.eu Ticket holders are not allowed name changes on their tickets.
Please note there are no pets or animals permitted, excepting service animals.
All attendees under 18 years of age (“Youth Attendees”), must be accompanied by an adult chaperone or have guardian permission to attend the Conference and all related events. Youth Attendees may attend the Conference subject to the following requirements: Age* of Youth Attendee Requirement To Maintain Validity of Ticket 16-17 years Must purchase Youth Ticket; Must be accompanied by an adult chaperone at point of registration/accreditation collection only. The adult chaperone is not required to registration for a ticket or to attend the Conference; Adult chaperone must have valid identification and provide valid contact information for the duration of the Conference; and Documentation for the authorisation of the Youth Attendee’s attendance prior to registration/accreditation collection may be required**, including but not limited to: Copy of passport or other identification for both the Youth Attendee and the adult chaperone(s); Copy of the Youth Attendee’s birth certificate; and Notarized letter of consent signed by a legal guardian or both parents (or by a single parent with accompanying proof of sole custody). 4-15 years Must purchase Youth Ticket; and Must be accompanied by a ticketed adult chaperone for duration of Conference. 3 and under Admitted free of charge; and Must be accompanied by a ticketed adult chaperone for duration of Conference.
*Date of birth prior to date of ticket collection
**We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone who fails to comply with these documentation requirements
Part D – Volunteer terms Selection
You may apply to be a Volunteer at a Conference. There is no guarantee that applicants wishing to volunteer at the Conference will be selected and selection of Volunteers is at our sole discretion. Selected Volunteers must attest to the truth of all statements made in their volunteer application. Without limiting their other obligations under these Terms, Volunteers are subject to the following rules governing their relationship with us:
• Volunteers will not receive compensation for travel or accommodation associated with the Conference;
• Volunteers who violate any of these Terms, behave in a manner that could be disruptive to the Conference or any other Attendee, Volunteer, Exhibitor and/ or partner, consume alcohol and/or illegal substances before or while on duty, or fail to show up for an assigned shift may be stripped of their credentials, denied access to the Conference, and may be subject to removal from the Conference grounds;
• Volunteers acknowledge they may be photographed or recorded in accordance with the section “Photography, Audio and Video Recording”; and
Ticket refund If you have been selected to be a Volunteer at a Conference but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund or reimbursement under any circumstances.
Part E – Exhibitor terms
Exhibitors We offer space at Conferences to Exhibitors who wish to occupy a location at the Conference and operate a stall where they can exhibit certain goods or services to delegates (an “Exhibit”) at agreed times, subject to these Terms. The Exhibitor is only permitted to conduct business from its allotted Space and shall not canvass, promote, advertise or solicit for business in any other area of the Venue without our express prior written consent. The Exhibitor is prohibited from sub-letting the Space without our express prior written consent. If and to the extent that the Exhibitor is permitted to sublet the Space, the Exhibitor shall remain responsible for the Space and shall be liable for any breach of these terms by any party to whom the Space is sublet. The Exhibitor shall not canvass, promote, advertise or solicit for business on behalf of unrelated Third Parties without our express prior written consent. The Exhibitor’s operation of the Exhibit at the Conference shall be carried out in full compliance with these Terms.
Location of exhibits
We retain the right in our absolute discretion to relocate the Exhibits and/or require the Exhibitor to occupy an alternative Exhibit within the specified site at the Conference where we deem it to be necessary in the best interests of the Conference or as may be required on security, health & safety grounds or otherwise.
Standard of upkeep
The Exhibitor must keep and maintain the interior, exterior, the fittings and equipment installed at the Exhibits in clean, orderly, sanitary and good repair. Waste The exhibitor is responsible for the disposal of all waste products and rubbish and for taking off-site all rubbish generated by it. If required, the Exhibitor shall provide litter bins for the use at the Conference which the Exhibitor must remove from the site at the end of each day. The Exhibitor is also responsible for the periodic clean-up of tables and floors in their Exhibit area and the surrounding area.
We permit the Exhibitor to operate the Exhibit between the hours as communicated from time to time. The Exhibitor must ensure, to the complete satisfaction of us, that all Exhibits and rubbish are completely dismantled and removed off-site each day of the Conference. The Exhibitor is not entitled to permit anyone, other than its personnel or those having business with the Exhibitor, to have access to the Exhibit area.
Health and safety
An Exhibitor vending food and beverage must ensure that it is registered with its local food standards and safety office and is, at all times, in compliance with the relevant laws and safety and compliance standards. The Exhibitor must possess and display at its Exhibit a valid licence demonstrating its registration with its local food standards and safety office. All cooking and heating equipment shall be of a safe and compliant standard. The Exhibitor must ensure that any external gas units are appropriately caged. Such units shall be kept away from public access. The Exhibitor must ensure that its Exhibit is equipped with the proper number, size and type of charged fire extinguishers.
The Exhibitor must observe and comply with, and ensure that its staff engaged at the Exhibits observe and comply with, all instructions and directions given by or on behalf of us or venue management, and with our and venue management’s rules and regulations as communicated from time to time. The Exhibitor must not damage or allow its employees to damage the site that is hosting the Conference or the Exhibit or any part thereof.
All Exhibitor personnel on site must wear identification badges at all times and must not enter any restricted areas.
Provided equipment by us
All equipment (screens, laptops, cabling and other electronic equipment, rooms, furniture etc.) supplied by us at the Conference are on a rental basis and no exchange, transfer or refund of ordered items on-site will be permitted. Any complaint regarding rented items or installation must be lodged by emailing email@example.com before the opening of the Conference. In respect of items rented on the day, items should be inspected immediately and tested to ensure they work. Otherwise, all items are deemed to be received in good order and condition. Exhibitors must pay for all damages or losses to equipment supplied to them. The equipment must be insured by the Exhibitor, who will remain liable until our authorised staff have collected the equipment. In case of non-return, the Exhibitor will be required to reimburse us for the full cost of the equipment at the original insurance value.
Cancelled orders are not refundable.
Non-standard items may be offered on request, subject to a separate quotation, and are subject to the same terms. Nothing in these Terms creates or deems to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between us and the Exhibitor nor should these Terms be construed as creating a transfer of a property interest to the Exhibitor nor any greater interest in the Conference in favour of the Exhibitor. Exhibitor insurance Each Exhibitor must effect and maintain with an insurer of repute the level of insurance as set out in the Event Sponsorship and Exhibition Agreement, and upon request shall produce to us evidence of the current policy of such insurances and receipts for the premiums payable thereof. Failure to make provision of such evidence to our satisfaction of will permit to immediately terminate these Terms and your right to Exhibit at the Conference.
Website Terms and Conditions
Website terms and conditions
Last updated: 16 November 2019
1. Who we are 1.1 We are Centrul European pentru Responsabilitate Sociala (European Center for Social Responsibility) henceforth the abbreviated name will be CERS, a non-governmental association incorporated under the laws of Romania with registration number 24589052, whose registered office is at 163 Boulevard Al.Lapusneanu LT8, Constanta PC 900489, Romania.
2. What we do 2.1 We organize the conferences and events presented on the website unsummit.eu
3. Agreement between you and us
3.1 These terms and conditions, (the “ Terms ”) govern your access to and use of www.unsummit.eu, Conference mobile applications and your participation in the online surveys relating the Conference (together, the “ Website ”).
3.2 You should read this document carefully. By visiting, accessing, using or contributing to the Website, you agree that you have read and accept these Terms and agree to be legally bound them. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please immediately cease your use of the Website and delete all Conference apps from your device.
4. Scope 4.1 These Terms govern the relationship between us and: 4.1.1 visitors to the Conference Websites and their related subdomains; 4.1.2 users of the Conference apps; and 4.1.3 participants of the online surveys relating to a Conference.
6. Changes to the policy 6.1 These Terms apply to you from the date of publishing and until these Terms are superseded by a new version. We may update these Terms at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. Any amended Terms will be posted on www.unsummit.eu.
7. Contact us 7.1 CERS registered office address is 163 Boulevard Al.Lapusneanu LT8, Constanta PC 900489, Romania;registration number 24589052. 7.2 For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . 7.3 If you have any other questions, concerns, or complaints, you may contact us at email@example.com.
8. Accesing the website 8.1 When accessing and using the Website and its related subdomains you are prohibited from: 8.1.1 violating any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; 8.1.2 using the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and you agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws; 8.1.3 promoting or providing information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any illegal acts; 8.1.4 uploading or transmitting through the Website any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms or anything other harmful activity; 8.1.5 overriding any security feature of the Website or jeopardise the security of your account or someone else’s account (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Website as you); 8.1.6 interfering with the operation of, or places an unreasonable load on, the Website (such as viruses, denial of service attack or gaming algorithms); 8.1.7 using manual or automated software, devices or other means or processes to access, scrape or crawl the Website or any content or information contained in it; 8.1.8 engaging in ‘framing’, ‘mirroring’, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website; 8.1.9 removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website; 8.1.10 modifying, creating derivative works or copying or storing any significant portion of the Website or any related technology (unless allowed by law or we expressly authorise); 8.1.11 using the Website (or any part of it) in a manner which may result in; (i) the Website being interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such manner designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or Website; (ii) sharing any material which is unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) impairing the effectiveness or functionality of the Website; or (iv) violating or infringing the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and/ or privacy) of the Website; 8.1.12 attempting to grant any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website; 8.1.13 copying or distributing any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and 8.1.14 altering or modifying any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use; or 8.1.15 reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling deciphering or otherwise attempting to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Website or any related technology, or any part thereof unless allowed by law.
9. Badge scanning 9.1 If you choose to complete an app profile on a Conference app, your profile will be discoverable and visible in the app to other attendees of the Conference. Enabling QR code scanning in your profile will allow other attendees (both individuals and companies) to receive your contact information by scanning your badge. You may be asked to scan your badge either at exhibit booths and/or session rooms. Please note scanning of your badge is optional. When your attendee badge is scanned by other attendees, you are opting to receive communications from that entity or individual. You will be subject to the communications and privacy policies of those entities and individuals so you must exercise your rights and any revocation of consent for communications with such third parties.
10. Disclaimer 10.1 While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. We will develop and operate the Website with reasonable skill and care and will use reasonable efforts to promptly remedy any faults of which it is aware, however, the Website, all materials, information, software, products and services included in or available through the Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement and we do not guarantee that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free. 10.2 To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions, either express or implied, or any part of them in relation to the Website, all materials, information, software, products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf, and in relation to any results or information obtained through the Website and any reliance on any such results or information and conclusions drawn from such results or information. You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms you have not relied on any representation or warranty that is not expressly included in these Terms and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these Terms. 10.3 To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, representations, conditions and duties of any kind, whether implied or expressed, including without limitation, any warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade. 10.4 You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the timeliness, security, performance or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
11. Liability 11.1 To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law: 11.1.1 we and our related companies shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including for negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any for any loss of profits; loss of sales or business; loss of agreements or contracts; loss of anticipated savings or income; loss of opportunity; loss of or damage to goodwill; loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; and/or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms, even if we had been advised of the possibility of same in advance; and 11.1.2 subject to paragraph 11.1.1, our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms is limited to $ 5.00 . 11.2 Nothing in these Terms purports to exclude or limit liability for any fraudulent statement or act or in respect of any liability that cannot excluded or limited under applicable law.
12. Indemnity 12.1 You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors harmless from all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of or are related to any breach of the Terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use or misuse of the Website, or use by any other person accessing the Website using your internet access account.
13. Intellecutal property 13.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright,trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the content on the Website. You agree not copy, publish, republish, redistribute, archive, store, adapt, alter, modify, translate, create derivative works from, summarise, photocopy, scan, syndicate, sell, license, frame, harvest, scrape, grant or purport to grant any rights in or otherwise make available any content from the Website. 13.2 “Smart Transport Summit”, ”Fair Maritime Transport”, ”GECAMET” are projects belonging to us. No licence or consent is granted to you to use this concepts in any way and you agree not to use these trademarks without our prior written permission.
14. Termination 14.1 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or block your access to all or part of the Websites, with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, including without limitation your violation of these Terms.
15. Statutory rights 15.1 Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
16. Governing law and jurisdiction 16.1 This interpretation, formation and operation of the Terms and all non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, and all disputes between the parties arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms or any disputes between the parties in any way connected with the subject matter of these Terms (whether contractual or non-contractual) shall be governed by, the laws of Ireland. 16.2 Each of the parties submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts. 16.3 Nothing contained in the Terms shall limit our right to bring enforcement proceedings in another jurisdiction or to seek interim, protective or provisional relief in the courts of another jurisdiction.
GDPR and Cookies
Last updated: November 16,2019
2. What are cookies? We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file, made up of letters and numbers, that will be stored on your computer, mobile device or on other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed. Cookies are installed by a web server’s request to a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Cookies once installed have a fixed lifespan, remaining “passive”, meaning they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user whose equipment was installed. A cookie consists of two parts: the name of the cookie; and the content or value of the cookie. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with the respective web server.
4. What is the lifetime of cookies? The lifetime of cookies may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine their lifespan: • Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser. • Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
6. What cookies are used through this website: By using / visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed: a. Website performance cookies; b. User analysis cookies; c. Cookies for geotargetting; d. Registration cookies; e. Cookies for advertising; f. Cookies of advertising providers; a. Performance cookies By this type of cookies the user preferences of this web page are stored, so that the re-setting of the preferences in case of a subsequent visit of the web page is no longer necessary. b. User analytics cookies These cookies inform us if a specific user of the website has visited / used this website previously. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only. c. Cookies for geotargetting These cookies are used by a software that determines the country of origin of the user of the website. The same ads will be received regardless of the language selected. d. Cookies for registration When you register on this site, cookies are generated that store this action. The servers use these cookies to show us the account you are registered with. Also, the use of these cookies allows us to associate any comment posted on the website with the username of the account used. If the “keep me registered” option has not been selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted when the browsing session ends. e. Cookies for advertising These cookies allow the user to view an online advertisement, its type and the time elapsed from the time of viewing the respective advertising message. As such, such cookies are used to target online advertising. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the content viewed, not about users.
7. What kind of information is stored and accessed through cookies? Cookies store information in a small text file that allows browser recognition. This webpage recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
9. How can cookies be stopped? Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, attracting limitations on its use possibilities. Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular web page. All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can, as a rule, be accessed in the “options” section or the “preferences” menu of your browser. However, refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – only that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior. To understand these settings, the following links may be useful: • Cookie settings in Internet Explorer • Cookie settings in Firefox • Cookie settings in Chrome • Cookie settings in Safari
For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated November 15, 2019
2. Information we collect
3. How we use your information
4. Legal bases for processing your information
5. Our legitimate interests
6. Sharing with third parties
7. Data retention
8. Data transfers
As a global business, we access and transfer information around the world. If you are based in the EU, this means that we access and transfer your personal information outside the EU, including in and to the United States. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in some of these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We transfer your personal information in accordance with law, and take steps to ensure that your information is appropriately protected. In particular, where we transfer information to countries that are not viewed as providing adequate protections, we generally rely on an approved mechanism known as the “standard contractual clauses” to protect the information transferred. These are template contracts published by the European Commission containing approved commitments to protect the privacy and security of the information transferred. To request a copy of the clauses, please contact us.
9. Your rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below. 9.1 Access and Porting. You can access much of your information by logging into your Conference profile. If you require access to additional information, or you do not have a Conference profile, please contact us. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties. 9.2 Rectify, Restrict, Delete. You can amend, update and delete some of your information by logging into your Conference profile. If you don’t have a Conference profile, or want us to amend, update or delete other information, please contact us. 9.3 Object. Where we process your information based on the legitimate interests described above, or in the public interest, you can object to the processing in certain circumstances. We will generally stop processing your information unless we have compelling grounds to continue processing, such as where needed for legal reasons. Where we use your information for direct marketing, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your profile settings or by contacting us. Where we inform you that we will record a call to you, we will provide you with the opportunity to object to such recording. 9.4 Revoke consent. If we have specifically asked for your consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if we ask for your consent for direct marketing purposes, you can revoke your consent using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your profile settings or by contacting us. 9.5 Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or unsummit.eu’s lead supervisory authority.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We strive to use appropriate technical and organisational to protect your personal information. Despite these measures, the Internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed.
Attendees under 18 years of age may attend the Conference if accompanied by an adult or guardian, depending on the age of the attendee. You can find further information our age limitations in our Terms and Conditions.
When and where will Smart Transport Summit take place?
Smart Transport Summit will take place on September 3-5, 2020 at the central venue of Constanta Maritime University, 104 Mircea cel Batran street, Constanta, code 900663, Romania
The conference outline is available?
Details will be posted on our website as they are confirmed. A full conference schedule, including conference sessions, will be available on our website in late April 2020.
Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance is available upon request to email@example.com following the conference registration.
How can I register? When the registration opens ?
Registration opens after February 3, 2020. By this date you can request a pre-booking reservation by email.
How can I sponsor the event?
Sponsorship opportunities are limited, so take action today. Sponsorships are processed from March to June for this summit. To become a sponsor and for more information, please send email firstname.lastname@example.org